Head shaking ?

JediJinx

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 24, 2014
Ohio
I have some young girls in the garage that have been treated for cocci. They seem to be doing ok. But I have noticed the last 2 days they are shaking their heads a lot. They show no other signs - these are the ones that are negative for MG. They do show low titres for Newcastle and IB but the vet says that just means they have been exposed to it, not a current infection. Does Newcastle have head shaking as a symptom? I did not see this anywhere.

Head shaking can be due to mites/lice....have you recently treated them with Permethryn or Sevin Dust ? If not, it would be a good idea to treat them all...clean and treat their living quarters, remove and burn all bedding and nesting box material ....re-treat in 7 10 days...chickens will need dusting especially under their wings and around their vent...

Doesn't gapeworm make them lift their head and gape? Not doing any of that. I don't think they have mites/lice either - they are not itching/scratching at all. They seem a little huddled and fluffed out too.

Back
Top Bottom