1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Head-Start Fieldtrip.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by babychickfarmer, Mar 18, 2008.

1. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Today we had about 12-13 kids come to our farm for a fieldtrip! It was so great. We all made a single file line into the chicken coop and I walked up and down the line with two girls under my arm. Nadine and maggie, and every kid pet both of them and felt there legs It was great every one of them loved it! I tell ya, those other chickens were sure scared. my little leghorns, booked as soon as all those kids showed up. Then we went and planted radish seeds, each in a little pot so they can take them home and grow them for themselves. They got an organic apple in a compostable bag and went on thier way. It was great, i love seein those little innocent faces learning about farming. We have about 9 different classes K-2 coming in 2 weeks, we'll have little chicks then so those kids are going to be so excited. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    How fun!! Kids that age are such a treat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by