Head Wobble/Shake Silkie Chick Video - 6 Weeks Old

Is your chick better with the vitamin E? I have a lav silkie chick doing exact same thing.
Give a half capsule of 500mg of vitamin E (don't need Selenium) u can give full the next day u see improvement and then continue 5 days . Once u see good improvement in 5 days u can moderate the dose . Also increase her diet which have vitamin E Selenium naturally one of my rooster walk backwards i.n his chick days I use this method and all neurological symptoms fade out

Hi! We recently added two silkie babies to our family, they are currently inside growing and are about 6 weeks old. One of them has developed a head wobble I've never seen in a chicken before. See below for video, but she is eating/drinking/preening/sleeping/walking without any trouble. Seems to be able to hold her head up just fine. I'm not sure if it's stress or noise that makes the wobble/shake worse or not. She otherwise seems completely normal and is very sweet.

This was an excessive shaking moment, she doesn't do it this much all the time.

I'm treating her for wry neck with Vit E with selenium as well as Poly Vi Sol. I'm hoping she will be ok!! She seems so healthy other than this issue.

Any ideas of what's going on? I've found lots of old posts out here but nothing recent and no videos that looked like my chick.

Would appreciate the help!! Thank you!
I may have a similar issue. Your video isnt available so I cant say if its the same problem for sure. Heres a link to my video.

Please tell me what this is. The baby eats, play, drinks and poops fine. It's about two weeks old now. I dont want it to suffer, if it's not, I'll keep it and we'll deal with it being funky. But if its treatable, I need to get on it. Thank you! I know this post is old, but I'm desperate to figure this out.

The chick seems to be healthy and happily dirt bathing in the crook of your neck. Can't say as I've ever seen anything this cute.

Wry neck can come in all sorts of varieties. This may be one of them. Give the chick vitamin E oil mixed in with some egg each day until the symptoms ease up. Use one whole 400iu capsule per day.

The chick seems to be healthy and happily dirt bathing in the crook of your neck. Can't say as I've ever seen anything this cute.

Wry neck can come in all sorts of varieties. This may be one of them. Give the chick vitamin E oil mixed in with some egg each day until the symptoms ease up. Use one whole 400iu capsule per day.
Thank you so much! I do have it on vitamin E. But not as much as you're suggesting. I will make it happen. This does seem to be getting worse. Most of our babies dirt bathe in our hair or our laps and hands. I basically treat them like my children. I keep most of them until they're fully feathered. Then they get sent to people who pay me to raise them to be this friendly. I've never encountered this before. I've had other issues but not this. I appreciate you taking the time to send me this information. I will post and let you know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom