Saphire has taken ill. I noticed she was going down yesterday evening when I let them out to free range. She would scream or caw really loud and have difficulty breathing. She was having difficulty passing an egg. This morning she is congested and sneezing. She is breathing better but still has that congested sound. She passed the egg as I no longer felt it and there was an egg in the nest box. When I went to seperate her from the rest she pooped a light green runny poo with white and yellow colorations mixed in. She is the second hen in a week to get sick. I lost Dotte who had similiar symptoms, sneezing, wheezing, coughing, some gurgling sounds. The decision was to cull her versus risking anyone else getting infected. Unfortunately by the time she sneezed the flock was already exposed. At the beginning of May I went to a Tradin Day in Conroe. There were some folks with not so great looking stock there. I did not buy anything but am suspicious now that I may have unwittingly brought home cooties none the less. Am I experiencing a slow moving case of CRD? Am I going to loose all of my flock or is there a chance that some will not get sick and become carriers? The other possibility is that some feed went moldy where it fell on the ground and I did not see it. The spot was in some tall grass where the feed got damp. Some of the chooks ate this. As soon as I saw what it was I seperated it from them with a cage so that they cannot get to it. Our mulch pile is easily accessible to them. Could this be from them eating moldy food? I feel bad about this mistake as I hope I did not cause them to be sick. Some of my chickens are more pet than anything and I will be heartbroken to loose them. Others are for eggs, meat, and was hoping to be able to sell some on the side. However, after reading some on these types of illnesses I am looking at a closed flock? Tried calling around to different vets to see if anyone would look at my sick hen. Kept getting the same response of No we do not see chickens. Any feedback or advice would greatly be appreciated. I am heading to the health food store to find some active apple cider vinegar. I do not know if I should try antibiotics as I do not know what the actual cause of the illness is or what it is. At this point, I want to keep anyone else from getting sick. What are the best measures I can take now? The coop is cleaned daily and has a sand floor.