Heading out for D.C. and New York, Weather?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by playswithfowl, Jun 10, 2008.

1. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Whats the like right now and for the next week or so? I am going with my 8th class, about 40 of us. Going to be doing a lot of fun things but sounds like it's going to be really hot out. EEEk.

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

It is probably going to be 80-85 for the next week.

3. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Sounds good to me. Its been in the upper 50's and low 60's. [​IMG]

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    2 words....hot and humid. Be prepared.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Today it was 100 degrees in Washington, DC...be prepared for hot weather in both places....

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Hot and sticky. Reallllll fun. It's hard to breathe outside [​IMG] I can only imagine the cities are worse, since Philly is usually 5-10 degrees hotter than the mountains here.

7. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
  8. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm 45 minutes south of D.C. and yesterday my digital thermometer was reading 107 in the backyard. Kid you not. [​IMG]

Good news is a cold front is coming through tonight and it will be in the mid 80s for the next several days with much lower humidity. Hopefully this cooler weather will continue for the duration of your visit! I would still plan and prepare for hot and humid weather--even if it stays "cooler", it still sounds like it's going to be a good deal warmer than where you're coming from.

Have fun! Don't know if you've visited either city before, but there's a lot of cool stuff to do--even the more "touristy" stuff is still pretty cool. [​IMG]

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    You will love the Big Apple and DC...Both really great places!!!... I love NYC.....wear very comfortable shoes as was said!!!....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by