Heading to Kentucky -- Owenton

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Boyd, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Possibly heading to Owenton Kentucky Next week for a day trip to check out some cool stuff [​IMG] Any sights to see along the way? I am taking i75 from michigan south towards 71 then south again.... Any tips would be appreciated. Dad wants to ride shotgun and thinking may make it into an overnight trip instead of a bounce trip.

2. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    If you're a NASCAR type guy, Kentucky Speedway's pretty close to Owenton.

Elk Creek Vineyard is just a little south of Owenton...never been, but I've heard it's a really nice place.

There's all kinds of stuff to do in the Newport/Cincy area...like the Newport Aquarium. If you've never been to an aquarium like this, it's SPECTACULAR. I've been to the on in Newport and Gatlinburg, TN. They're really amazing. [​IMG]

Uhhhm. I'm about 45min south of Owenton...you could come see Ivan, the best LGD in the world. He's a sight to behold, IMHO. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:HOLY CATS!!!!!!!!!!!! He's bigger than your goatS!

4. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Yep...that's not camera trickery, either. [​IMG]

If I didn't think he'd eat the customers, I could prolly charge admission. [​IMG]

5. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Breed please, I know that type but it it is aludding me right now I need one!!!!! We had clients that just turned them in with the livestock and left food everyother day. They took care of the rest.

6. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    If you were coming further down I would suggest the breweries. I think there is one up near lexington too though that has really great tours.

7. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:looks like a Great Pyrenees to me

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    He is a cute little puppy. My guess is a Anatolian Shepard x Prys cross or AS X Tibetan Mastiff cross. Pyrenees should all white, and have a boxier head shape.

9. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    May depend on when your trip is planned and what you're interested in-

Botanical Gardens?

Quaint Towns?

Liquor tours?

71 ends at Louisville, so there is quite a bit around those parts.

10. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just don't hit Louisville at 5:00 or that will be the only sight you see. Drive thru Bardstown, it is such a beautiful town. You can tour my old Kentucky Home. Have a great time. We lived there 10 years. A very beautiful state. Oh, The Louisville Slugger Museum is in L'vill and that is always a good tour.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by