Healing Garden

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Healing Garden, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Healing Garden

Healing Garden New Egg

Feb 24, 2017
    I've started this Healing Garden in honor of my mother - Joan Mary Coate (1932-2017).
    She wrote this poem despite her advanced stage of Parkinson's. My father - her surviving husband of 61 years of marriage - says he needs to feed the animals. Chickens are the perfect animals for him to feed, since they return the perfect food back to him.

The Healing Garden

(Lord) Help me to plant the Healing Garden
    to nurture every need.
    Pour forth your saving grace.
    Provide for me the seed.

Be patient with my ignorance.
    Help me persevere.
    Give my efforts credit.
    Take away my fears.

I may not always understand
    the time or the reason
    when calamities happen
    in each and every season.

Lord, help me to lovingly
    to trust in your way
    knowing that you are with me
    each and every day.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and welcome to BYC! What a beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing and I am glad your father is finding comfort in chickens. Best wishes!! [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thank you for sharing your mother's poem. Your father should enjoy the chickens, I always found it very relaxing to sit and watch them and of course, the eggs are great.

It's nice to have you here!

4. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    I love your mom's poem, I'm going to copy it and hang it on the fridge.
    My chickens have provided me with 'therapy' as I live in an isolated locale and really miss my kids/grandkids who are 2000 mi away. Chicken therapy. That's part of what BYC is about....welcome!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Healing Garden [​IMG] Welcome!

That is a beautiful poem, thank you for sharing. I agree that chickens are the best therapy!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What a beautiful poem, your mom was very talented. Hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by