Health Benefits of Quail eggs

NancyDz

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Dutch Flat, CA
So someone on here named "quail newbie" posted this in a thread :

"Our son has severe eczema and we were told to switch to quail eggs which is why we bought the birds. They are the most alkaline food you can eat and were also recommended to a friend who had breast cancer by her doctor. Aparently cancer can't grow in an alkaline environment and she swears by them, she is now cancer free. "

So I'm looking for detailed info on the health benefits of Quail eggs, not just someone saying it but articles and documentation.

Anyway, I found this article with some of the health benefits but if anyone knows of more info out there, please post links or where the info is.

Thanks!

http://geniuscook.com/quail-eggs/

They are the most alkaline food you can eat

I did a quick search for you, and I don't think that claim is true, see:
http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm
Low Alkaline Forming Foods

Most herbs, green tea, mu tea, rice syrup, apple cider vinegar, sake, quail eggs, primrose oil, sesame seed, cod liver oil, almonds, sprouts, potato, bell pepper, mushrooms, cauliflower, cabbage, rutabaga, ginseng, eggplant, pumpkin, collard green, pear, avocado, apples (sour), blackberry, cherry, peach, and papaya.

So in terms of alkaline forming, it is ranked as low. There are plenty of other food that are ranked higher than quail eggs.

However, for the web pages I browsed, eggs in general are usually listed as either unknown or low acidic forming food, so it might be possible to claim quail eggs rank high among all eggs. I did not have any data other than some random web searching, I am just guessing.

Then again I think alkaline is only one out of many factors of how much health benefit some food has. It is said alkaline food helps prevent and combat cancer, but that does not mean you have to eat as high as possible a percentage of alkaline food. All you need is enough to give your body a PH value on the high side (alkaline side).

So it is possible quail eggs are very nutritious and has plenty of health benefit, by referring to other references, even though it does not rank in the highest column on the alkaline chart.​

Hi there, well I didn't do a ton of research as to the benefits, just went on what the allergist and friends doctor said. As far as I know they are good for people with chicken egg allergies. Please post anything interesting that you find, I'd love to see it! thanks
Darcie

Quote:
Not me, I'm allergic to chicken and quail eggs.
sad.png

My wife has never shown any allergic reaction to chicken eggs. I just began raising quail this summer, and for the second time she ate a quail egg omlette. For the second time she had severe stomach distress. I ate the same eggs both times (and have eaten a lot more of them than she) without any ill effects. We've ruled out everything else except the eggs. Has anyone else had a wierd reaction to quail eggs?

HI,
I believe very highly of Alkaline Forming Foods being the cure and the answer for cancer and disease curing. I was a victim of cancer. I refused to do any treatments doctors were offering as they couldn't convince me. Seen lots of people getting more sick after treatments. Doctors brain wash people, make us believe we are stupid and only they know the answer.
The key to getting well is targeting the problem before it gets worse. After a year of natural remedies..I am now cancer free!
I got a couple of quails and love the eggs they provide me with...and they are very healthy! Had a lot of questions at the start as I knew nothing about raising quails. I have young kids and I want them to benefit from these quail eggs .
Eggs have no cholesterol...it's about how you cook them. Don't fry them! Best poached , boiled, or raw.
If something has medicinal effect , it can act as an allergy and then we temp to avoid it. That is the time when changes are made to your body and you should not stop as its benefits will show later.
Take care of your body ...remember it's yours and it's your choice.

Other and older cultures consider quail eggs as a medicine for many alinements.

Also quail eggs are considered super gourmet food overthere.

I eat quail eggs excclusively now although I keep chickens too. Quail eggs taste better (personal taste) and contain less cholesterol. That is enough to convince me personally. If there is more health benefis in quail eggs, good for me!

Extra benefis is their gourmet meat. There is no comparison to chicken meat taste wise. I do not eat chicken anymore, excess roosters go for chicken soup, then their already cooked meat is used for stuff like pierogies, fillings etc.

The only drawback is their small size (quail) but there is no gain without pain as they say.

I will soon have only coturnix, bobwhites, chukars, guinea hens , and occasionally home grown duck or steak on my table.

Good by chicken, pork, and other mass produced commercial meat.

Back
Top Bottom