Health Concern

Wonder Mom

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 16, 2013
I'm new to raising chickens. I have 4 Wyandotte hens, no roosters, that are about 15 weeks old. They are big girls and look fully grown. They are eating pellets now. One of the four just stopped coming out of the coop yesterday. When my husband finally got her to come out today, she wouldn't stand up. She was stretching her neck to eat and would just lie down wherever he placed her. I'm not sure what to do. Please help!

One of my pullets did the same thing, she was egg bound. I put her in a tub of warm water and let her sit in it about 20 minutes and massaged her abdomen. A little while after that she dropped a shell less egg. A warm bath can't hurt and she just sat really still and quiet during her spa treatment.

Thank you, I'll try it! She's awfully young to be egg bound, but all four of these chickens seemed to mature very rapidly so I just don't know.

I was able to get her to come out this morning and take a closer look. She's curling her right foot and her left a little bit, though not as bad. I couldn't see any sores or anything.

Back
Top Bottom