1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Health Concerns

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Karen1958, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Karen1958

Karen1958 Just Hatched

Sep 20, 2016
    Eagle Creek Oregon
    I also have a Plymouth Rock that laid 4 very light brown eggs in November. My other 3 hens are regularly laying, but she is not. She also has a pale pink comb that has not gotten any bigger. She is eating, foraging when I let them out and is pooping and drinking water. Should I be concerned. She is not molting either. She is approx. 9 months old.
    Any suggestions or observations based on this information

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Is she acting lethargic or sick? If not I would just keep an eye on her. You can update on her status for us to follow if you like!

3. Karen1958

Karen1958 Just Hatched

Sep 20, 2016
    Eagle Creek Oregon
    Well my Plymouth still has not laid. Her comb has not gotten any more prominent or any more color. She is large and has a sweet little coo when she does talk. She is docile and sweet but hates to be picked up. Not sure where to go from here with her. Thoughts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by