Health issues

Svh1988

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2018
I've had 2 chicks 3 weeks old die in past week. Symptoms include, the act like their just frozen very weak just sit there can barely hold their eyes open then then they die a day or so later.
Thank You

I'll put a light back on them..How do I treat coccidiosis? I'm feeding chick starter from co-op.
Thanks again!
Can you post some photos of your brooder set-up, the chicks, their poop and the label from your feed bag?

Chicks at 3wks old probably do need some heat, what is your temperature in the brooder?

The starter feed is medicated, I don't have them in my brooder now there just in my barn stall. I should've kept a light on them I thought since they were feathered out good they no longer needed one. I'm now thinking that's probably my problem. I'm gonna get a light back on them for sure!
Thanks very much

The starter feed is medicated, I don't have them in my brooder now there just in my barn stall. I should've kept a light on them I thought since they were feathered out good they no longer needed one. I'm now thinking that's probably my problem. I'm gonna get a light back on them for sure!
Thanks very much
How are they doing now? Any better with the addition of heat?

Back
Top Bottom