1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Health Journal

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BlueMoon, Nov 7, 2007.

1. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Scenic Verbank, NY
    I'm still so new at Chicken Care and read the BYC comments constantly, have out three chicken books that I refer to constantly. We've had a number of chickens die since this spring when they started arriving. Just dropping dead to wandering into the dog kennel and thus removing themselves from the gene pool.

I reckon it's a good idea to keep track of illnesses, treatments, symptoms, things like that.

Any advice on what else to include?

Thanks!

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Here is a link to one of many university sites with information on chicken diseases and the symptoms displayed. It may be helpful. I think keeping a journal with the symptoms or circumstances plus the bird info (age/breed/sex) might be helpful in determining if there is a pattern or a particular problem in the flock.

Chel

3. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Scenic Verbank, NY
    Thank you, but the link doesnt appear. Mind sending it again?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by