Health Question on one of our Hens...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by NoBudgetHmStead, Jun 14, 2016.

1. NoBudgetHmStead

NoBudgetHmStead New Egg

Mar 9, 2016
    Central Alabama
    I have a hen that seems to have a lot of poop stuck to her backside and also under her wings it seems he has no feathers. Last week I added DE to their dust baths to see if that would help with any type of mite/lice issue (tho' I have not seen evidence of any). And I put a cap full of Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to each gallon of water that they have. We have four hens and one rooster and she seems to be the oldest hen. Not sure what is causing the featherless area under her wings. I have only had these hens for about 7 months and all seems to be going fine until recently. Any Ideas?

2. Chickensfan

Chickensfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    i am afraid i can only answer the poop problem. She most likely has pasty-butt, but what kind of hen is she anyway?
    you might want to try cleaning her butt with a wash cloth soaked in warm water. Good luck!

3. NoBudgetHmStead

NoBudgetHmStead New Egg

Mar 9, 2016
    Central Alabama
    Thank you for replying! I will see about washing the hen. I really appreciate the help! Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by