1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Healthy Chicks and More?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by thunderkitty, Apr 22, 2007.

1. thunderkitty

thunderkitty Out Of The Brooder

Has anyone ordered from these guys (Healthy chicks and more)? They look new as I checked their registration date for their domain ans it said they have only had the site for about a year. They claim to have been in business for 3 generations so this seems fishy... I just thought I would ask on here since this seems to be the place ofr such a question... Hope one of you can let me know. Oh and by the way they are owned by a company that goes by the name Case Enterprises which I also discovered while looking up their domain. They also seem to own another site called "Personal Security Mart." There prices seem reasonable and they offer Marek's Vax, wing clipping, debeaking, & dubbing which to me seems like something only a reputable place would try but, I just don't know. Not that I'm interested in all of these services. If anyone can tel me about these guys please let me know, thanks!

2. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Any chance you could post a link to this hatchery. I googled it and surfed to the 10th page to no avail. TY

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  3. thunderkitty

thunderkitty Out Of The Brooder

Yeah! I'm sorry, I couldn't get the button to work in order to prevent having to actually write the whole thing out. Here it is : healthychicksandmore.com

4. shaveudogg

shaveudogg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2007
    It is hard to tell by the site but they charge 2.35 for buff orpington and mm charges 2.06. Thet charge .20 cent for theirnvacc. and mm charges .13 cent .I think there are even cheaper places.

5. serenity62

serenity62 New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    I just ordered from them. I should receive my shipment on Monday or Tuesday. I can tell you they let me change my order. I did a "special" small order where I ordered one each of 9 breeds of females and 3 males from different breeds. I am new to chickens and I did not think to check them out thoroughly before I ordered. They are going to vaccinate for Marek's.

6. serenity62

serenity62 New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    The chicks I ordered from Healthy Chicks and More arrived happy and healthy in their box with the roosters marked as promised! They are now 5 weeks old and they are doing great! I would highly recommend Healthy Chicks and More. I did, however, tell them I did not want my extra free chick, but they included it anyway. No worries, I love her just as much as I love the other ones. Never in a million years would I have ever pictured myself out in a chicken coop in a lawn chair drinking coffee on the weekends!

7. serenity62

serenity62 New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    Oh, and yes, I think they charge more BUT their minimum order is 10, not 25. I did not mind paying a little more because there is no way I could order 25 chicks. I just don't think I have the room. I would be afraid to order just 10 in the dead of winter though because they might not stay warm enough.

8. Indigosands

Indigosands Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Yucca Valley, CA
    I canceled my order with Meyer to order with healthy chicks and more and I'm glad I did. The website isn't flashy and there seems to be a few little glitches but I was VERY happy with them. I placed the order but for some reason got a funky page when I checked out so I didn't get an order #. I called and left a message and though I didn't get a callback, I did get both of my emails, one to inquire about my order number and the other to add one more chick returned within 15 minutes. My order was filled very quickly, I ordered several chicks that other hatcheries were sold out on for months and my order was fulfilled within 2 weeks of submitting it.

I ordered 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 gold laced wyandotte, 1 speckled sussex, 1 red partridge rock and 7 ameraucanas (EE). Quite a variety to fill so quickly. I requested a 5/23 ship date (subject to when your full order can be completed). I also agreed to the free "rare" chick when you order. My order was due to be shipped 6/6 but arrived today 5/31 a week ahead of schedule! They only ship mon/tues and my chicks took 2 days to get to me in California. All of them were alive, well and bright eyed. Imagine my surprise when I did a head count and I got 15 chicks. They gave me an extra of each of my wyandottes and an extra ameraucana along with my free chick. I also liked that they wrote what the free chick was in marker on the top of the box, a buff brahma.

The chicks are the best I've seen yet, really good looking for their breeds. Everyone that has seen them and the ladies that bought all the extras I got have commented on how healthy they look. I got more than my money's worth and I love that I can order 10 and not get hanged with a $45 shipping fee. I'm very pleased and they definitely have my business from here on out.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  9. serenity62

serenity62 New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    My chickens are all still doing well. I had purchased 5 from the local feed store and then several more from Healthy Chicks and More the following week. The brown leghorn's comb is flopped over though so I would venture to say he may not make a very good protector if he cannot see out of his right eye because of the comb being in the way. I have read that they look to the sky for overhead predators with their left eye though. I am not sure if the leghorn, which is a very slow maturing breed, is male or female but I picked him/her up last night and felt of the backs of the legs and I swear it feels like it is getting spurs. The knobs are way biger than the hens and look and feel like my other roos' spurs. If she is a he, I will have 4 roos and only 10 hens! My Auracana or Americana, roo looks just like a game rooster and started crowing at 7 weeks old! I kid you not! So far none of them are fighting and they do not seem to be fertilizing too much either. I put the Auracana roo out of the run in the yard during the day because he is so aggressive with me I am afraid he will be the same with the other chickens if left in the run with them all day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by