Hearing Cheeps before lockdown??????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by terrilhb, Jan 16, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Just read a post. Something about lockdown. Read an answer that said on the 18th day unless you heard cheeping before. I did not know this could happen. What are the chances? I am on my 1st time hatching. HHHHEEELLLPPPP! I ask for forgiveness cause I am so new and I am a big worry wort. Thank you all

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I normally do not hear cheeping until my eggs are in lockdown. Well, actually, I've never heard cheeping from the eggs before lockdown, and I've done a few hatches.

I don't think it's something that happens very often.

3. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    DO you hear cheeping? How far along are they?

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:x2 Maybe you want to make sure the temps and humidity are Ok I heard they can develop too fast in high humidity

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have only ONE time heard ONE small peep from an egg. I have never heard any sounds from them before that or since then.

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    No someone on here posted that they did. Sorry if I did not say it right. I was just wondering thank you all

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I suppose if your temps were a tad on the high side, you might have early hatchers (by early I would think no more than a day early). I have only incubated once and I only heard cheeping from the eggs after lockdown and only after I opened the incubator to remove the dry chicks. You won't hear peeping from the eggs until the chick has internally pipped. Hope this helps! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by