1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hearing heart beat inside eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by popcornpuppy, Dec 6, 2009.

1. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    I remember reading a thread a few months ago where some one asked if you could use a stethascope to hear the chicks heart beat while it's in the egg. One person posted a link to an electronic device that will measure it, but it was only sold in the UK. Does any one have the link or the name of that device. I want to see if I can buy one, how much it costs etc.

I did a search on BYC and I can't find the old thread. Help please, and Thank you.

2. popcornpuppy

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
  3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    That's pretty neat! However the link says expired certificate to buy now, and when you bypass security all it offers for sale is DNA collection kits. Weird. I'd like to learn more about it!

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    That is pretty interesting. Thank you for sharing.

5. popcornpuppy

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    Quote:Yeah, I want to know where to buy one in the US. I found the UK website and it's list price is in lbs, not dollars, and I don't know if they'll ship to the US.

6. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    I have just contacted them via email. I will let you all know if/when I hear from them! Asked about availability in the US, and price in USD if not available here.

7. popcornpuppy

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    Quote:Thank You sooo much for doing that. Please let us know what you hear from the company.

ETA: I have been looking on Google for a couple of hours, and can't find anyplace that sells them, including Ebay and Amazon. There has to be a place in the US that sells them

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Hope your search is successful. I'd like to have one because I cannot candle a brown bbs Orpington egg and get any result of any useful signifigance. I always end up just leaving them in and hoping they hatch.

9. sian

sian Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2009
    Purcellville VA
    Did anyone hear back on this? Just hoping.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by