hearing the chick peeping inside!!

Yes it's broken the internal air sac. Should be here quite soon. Just make sure you keep the incubator closed so you don't loose humidity. Good luck with your little ones
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

When you say that you can hear internal pipping, can you hear it about 1 meter away from the hen sitting on the eggs or when you put it up to your ear?
I am on Day 23 and still cannot hear anything so I need some advise.
Thanks In advance!

I am new to hatching baby chicks. We set 16 eggs under our broody hen (eggs were set 10/1, 10/2, 10/3) 3 have hatched today and still under mother hen. I read that they will be fine with out food for at least 3 days but I have no idea what to do! Should I put a light in their box away from the mother, should I give them feed or water? Someone Please Help:confused:

Quote:
If you have them under a broody, YOU don't need to do anything. The hen will take care of her babies. If the other eggs do not hatch in a couple more days, you should probably remove them so that the hen will not keep trying to hatch them. Just make sure there is food and water easily accessable to the hen and her chicks and she should teach them how to eat and drink. DO keep an eye on them to make sure that the hen is doing her job. If she is a good mommy, she will take them to the food/water and show them how to eat and drink herself and she will keep them warm. Happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom