1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Heart broken 11 yr old - Coyote got Elvis the Champion 4H rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by friendlyearth, Sep 3, 2008.

1. friendlyearth

friendlyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Coyote got Elvis the Rooster and one hen this morning (actually about noon!). He was a great rooster. We got him in Feb and my daughter was very attached (to all the chickens actually) Elvis took good care of his hens and was gentle enough for my daughter to do Fit and Show at the fair with him. He won a Grand Champion ribbon for best rooster. He was a gorgeous Buff Orpington. She says she doesn't want another rooster, but the hens need one and I know she really does. SO I am desparately searching for a very gentle young rooster who carries himself well and is gorgeous. I"m in WA state.

She is also interested in some show breeds if anyone has any.

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. [​IMG] I'm in WA state & I have several very nice roosters available. I would be willing to give your daughter one for free, her choice out of my flock.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

I have the following roosters & cockerels available:

Golden Laced Cochins (two 1.5 year olds & very gentle)
    Golden Laced Cochins (four months old)
    Black Sumatras (four months old)
    Black Orpingtons (four months old)
    White Faverolle (four months old)
    Lemon Blue Cochin
    Blue Cochin
    Light Brahma (2 years old & very gentle)
    Porcelain d'Uccle cockerel (four months old)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  4. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    So sorry!

5. friendlyearth

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Thank you!!! You are a distance away (I'm near Olympia), but she and I could make the trip (we homeschool). She is out burying the feathers she found ;( I will check out your website.

Peggy

6. Rare Feathers Farm

My parents live in Portland so we'll be traveling that way in November--and to Wenatchee within the next month or so to pick up my dog from his handler...so I would be willing to meet you there?

I should add that the Faverolle is missing one of his extra toes, but he is very nice, nonetheless--but probably not what you're wanting if you're looking for a show bird...I can send pics of any you may be interested in...I'm in the process of thinning down the flock before winter--so if you're interested in anything else, let me know. I'm not wanting to put them into the freezer [​IMG] so they are pretty much being given away because I don't have room for 40+ birds. [​IMG]

7. friendlyearth

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Thank you Equibling!! I know I can get her excited about these. I will let her know. I will be in touch in a few days when her initial grief subsides a bit.

Quote:

8. friendlyearth

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Portland would be fantastic! Although if she wants it sooner then Wenatchee works too! I will let you know which ones she is interested in for pics. She might want a hen to match the rooster for show. Glad you don't want to put them in their freezer [​IMG] I really appreciate this!

Quote:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  9. Rare Feathers Farm

Yup, you're welcome. Like I said, I'll give her one for free...just tell me which one to holdback for her. The others I'm asking $4 to $12 a piece for...if you are interested in any others.

10. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    You two have me crying. [​IMG] Did you get the Coyote?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by