Heart Melting

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crissycriss, Sep 26, 2012.

1. crissycriss

crissycriss Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    My dad is living with us for fathers day i bought him a pairr of OEGB.She hatched 2 babies,well tonight i went toshut the coop shined the flash light over on them what did i see? The chicks are 5wks.The daddy has one of the chicks tucked under his wing.The sweetest thing ive ever seen.Melted my heart.So i am in love with the oegb breed.Gots to get more!!!!!! Has any one else ever seen their daddy chicken cover his babies like that?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Love that story....wouldn't that have been a great picture?

3. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    Oh how i wish i had my camera that picture would have been priceless.Think ill start taking my camera when i go to lock them up. I hollard for my dad he came and looked and smiled,he said "I'm 65 yr old and have never seen a rooster do that."I think it made him love them even more.He is starting a worm bed up just for them. :)

4. kellypepperk

kellypepperk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    Delaware County, NY
    so sweet!

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Awwwww, what a good chicken daddy.

6. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    Blue is such a great daddy to his babies.I havent been able to catch him with his baby again.They sleep under moms wings most time. Maybe next time she hatches out babies i'll get a picture of it.

7. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I know what you mean. I even had my camera in hand...and one of the chicks hopped on the mom's back in the classic chick on the broody hen picture....and I just couldn't get it in time. Too many great pictures...and they flit by in an instant! Hope you get the chance to 'capture' the image some day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by