heart problems at 34???

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by AHappychick, May 4, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ok so I know this is not the proper place to post this, but my ds is asleep and my sister is at work (am not going to bother her) but my heart is hurting, not emotionally but physially, it woke me up. I am pretty scared actually, dont want to drop with just my ds here, and dont want to orphan him either. Already called the dr and am going at 1:30. Its the weirdest thing I am hoping it is nothing, but it sure does not feel like nothing [​IMG]

if something is really wrong I hope you all will take my chooks lol cause none of my friends will want them

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    If you are having real chest pain, go to the ER..

I work in the Cath Lab at our local hospital and we see plenty of people in their 30's .. even 20's ..

Chest pain is nothing to wait around with. I know you're scared, you should wake someone up to be with you, and go to the ER.

When you go, say you are having Chest Pains and they shoul fast track you to the back and hook you up to an EKG immediately.

Let us know ...

Praying ...

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

what do you mean its "hurting"? like heart burn hurting or something else?

best to call your doctor - 34 is not too young to have heart issues.

When was the last time you had a physical? You should have one every year, and a stress test at least every 2 years.

I found out I had Mitral Valve Prolapse 3 years ago after MUCH searching and many (too many) heart monitors being worn. I also have Graves disease (thyroid) so it wreaks havoc on my heart and my beats can and are off something fierce.

Try not to panic first and foremost, anxiety will just make it 10 times worse, but please do call your doctor sweetie..

My prayers are with you.. [​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Take a Bayre asprine and GET to the ER NOW< NOW< NOW~!!!!

even if it's just gas it's not worth taking a chance.

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    i know I should but I cant, my dh was killed in one and i just am not gonna do it, dumb I know.... My dr will know what to do, its been happening for hours now so I dont think its a heart attack I just want to get my ds to pre-school first then I will deal with it. He is still sleeping cause chickenstock exhausted him lol

I also dont want to scare or bother my friends or family I will see the dr in 2 1/2 hours It is not getting any worse, and I can still type lol so it cant be that bad right?

edited to say I just took some asprin

I am not trying to scare anyone I am sure I would have called 911 if I really thought I was gonna die. but its not anxiety, gas or heart burn those I would recognize

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  6. HennysMom

Quote:YOU cant afford NOT TO... dear...

Go

7. HennysMom

Quote:

and..not always would you recognize them...nor the symptoms of a heart attack. Women have different symptoms than a man does... COMPLETELY different than what you'd expect.

8. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Do you have an EKG at your house???
    How long have you been an MD?

I hate to be rude but sometimes you HAVE to be..
    Quit goofing around and go to the DR NOW!!!

Who's gonna take the kid to pre-school if.....

Just go, get checked out. It may just be gas, It may not.
    I'm not an MD, Neither is anyone else here. BUT I do teach BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers, I was trained by the American Heart Association and they are right, Female heart attacks are COMPLETELY different than Male.

GO GET CHECKED OUT!!!

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    My turn to scare you ..

My BIL wouldn't go either .. got up to go to the restroom and my sister heard him hit the floor.. they said he was dead before he hit the floor.

Don't drive with your baby in the car and you having chest pains that you can't explain..

If you Dr reads an abnormal EKG associated with chest pain .. he'll send you to the ER anyway.

Your ds needs you alive ...

Sorry .. it's not worth the risk...

10. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ok ok I called and left a message at 3 different peoples phones. no one answered, but I am sure they will call back. As soon as I can get someone here to take care of ds I will go, but I am not taking him it will only scare him and who knows what germs he would pick up. It hasnt gotten any worse though so I am sure that is a good sign. And I called my dr. first thing this morning and said what was happening and they just made me an appointment and did not seem overly concerned, which is probably why I did not see the need in an ER also cause I really hate them [​IMG]

and no I am obviously not a dr but have had my share of dealing with them lol but it has been about 4 years since I had a physical or blood work so I guess I am over due.
    Thanks guys! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by