1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Heartbeats!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bzbrown, Nov 12, 2011.

1. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

We're so excited this morning! We candled our eggs and out of the 4 set, we saw two little heartbeats! I didn't have luck with shipped eggs but found a local BYC'r on this board willing to part with a few eggs, and more than happy to keep any successful hatches. Yay! We still have a bit to go, this is only day 7.

Incubator is my homemade still air one. I started with using two, a little tiny mini thing I bought on ebay but it was really difficult to keep it stable so I went back to my original, seems to be working now!

2. ilovemydog

ilovemydog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Awesome i saw something moving in mine on day 7 about 2 days agooo:-0 ITS cool to seeee ! Can't wait to candle tonight, my broody is doing all the work for meee:)

3. silvercat76

silvercat76 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    Thats awesome news for you both. I have a broody hen but I don't think my eggs are viable as I candled them and nothing.

4. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay! I know we're not keeping any from this setting, but it gives me hope that I have finally figured it out. Now I'm super hopeful that BYC'er who loaned me the eggs will be available on hatch day to come and watch with us.

5. crazycluck86

crazycluck86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    uk
    Hi there! I candled my eggs today at day 4 and out of 5 eggs one has a heartbeat :) however it was a sultan egg which is very white compared to the others, they are wyandottes. I no its early but they all have air sacs. Is this good? Is there anything else I should be looking for? They are under our broodie Dottie and this is our first time :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by