When I get my chicks, I have a brooder ready to go and I have a heat lamp already. But I read that if chicks have light all the time, it can cause canniblism and other problems. Is this true? Do they need to have some time of darkness so they recognize "night time?" If so, I was wondering if I should use a ceramic "no-light" bulb for heat and give them light another way that I could turn off sometimes. Or I could use a regular light bulb and turn it off during the night and for heat have a heating pad instead. Would a heating pad work? Of course, I plan on testing my heat lamp and/or heat pad to see if it would be suffient before the chicks come. What do you all think?