heat and short tempers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by crtrlovr, Jun 3, 2011.

1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

OK, I think the heat is getting to everyone. It has been proven that as the temperatures increase, the tolerance levels decrease. It is CERTAINLY proving to be true right now. Folks IRL ( some family members at odds w/ each other, and some friends having issues w/ friends and their own family members) AND online are having meltdowns... Sounds like we all need to jump in a lake or pool, cool the bodies down, and cool the tempers & emotions down. :-/

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Yep some sure DO need to do that! I've heard of several folks getting their pants in a bunch today.. cracks me up as it was allll their OWN doing!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I put on my big girl panties this morning, but this itching is making me insane. NOTHING is working. Forget the heat, this stupid rash SUCKS!

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Is that why the Arlington jail is kept at a frigid 50ish degrees?

And only cold (and stale) sandwiches are served three meals a day?

Could be...

5. RJ3

RJ3 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Northern wi
    Several times today I've wanted to throw a fit that would completely outdue my toddlers typical meltdown. I kept it to teeth grinding and growling. So far anyway the day is not over yet!

6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Hum, I'm enjoying it. I only get grouchy when I'm cold.[​IMG]

7. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Well what is the excuse for people in my area? It is fall like temps today....so cold.

8. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    it wasn't that cold in the sun, mamagardner. at least not here in nh. but it has been rather windy the past couple days with the tornado and all [​IMG] yesterday was really cold, though [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  9. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wednesday night was scary here in Charlton...right in the tornado area!

10. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    wow, i bet [​IMG] here we were all ready to grab the animals and run to the basement. i'm sooo glad we didn't get hit [​IMG] my friend's grandparents live in springfield... i haven't heard from her at all yet, but i hope her grandparents are okay! did you guys get hit at all?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by