Heat Lamp Hatching?

Just an open container? It would have to be in your home where the temp is stable. You could move the lamp back or forth until the temperature gets right on the egg. You might be able to suspend the egg over a bowl of water as to where the light is hitting the water too which might raise the humidity a little around the egg. Not sure how much, if any but that is all I can think of to try.

Just an open container? It would have to be in your home where the temp is stable. You could move the lamp back or forth until the temperature gets right on the egg. You might be able to suspend the egg over a bowl of water as to where the light is hitting the water too which might raise the humidity a little around the egg. Not sure how much, if any but that is all I can think of to try.
Could I just pray it with water every couple of hours?

it sounds like you have you heart set on this so I will say you can build a little oven outside and keep a fire going under it. Now realistically I hope you know that if you use anything apart from an incubator the egg will not hatch and worse it could hatch deformed and you'd have to put it down. Having a fire going is about as realiztic as spraying it every few hours even while you are sleeping for 30 days. Unless you can provide the conditions it needs you will just be taking a big gamble.
Not many people realize how hard it is to keep temperatures steady. The most steady temperature in your house will be your fridge, monitor most other places and there will be huge temperature fluctuations.
As you probably know temperature fluctuations are what you don't want. Having temp fluctuations is easy, not having temperatures fluctuate is very difficult otherwise anyone could just do it in a box.
Mind you I have successfully hatched eggs in a bin but temperatures were being kept steady with a thermostat.
Without one it would be like taking an inflatable boat out to sea with a leak.
You might make it out a mile, you might even make it 2 but with a leak the boat will always end up sinking.

Heat lamps are usually to hot, there was an article were someone made an incubator with a desk lamp. They put the desk lamp over the egg in a large rubbermaid container, then the egg over wet cloths. Or, you make a wooden frame and staple hardware cloth to it, put a bowl of water under the frame and the egg on the hardware cloth. Then, shut the lid, add ventilation holes in the tub, and adjust the humidity with more or less water, and I the temp as you go.

It's possible, but you can't leave that baby for one minute because she will cook. I hatched in a brooder under a heat lamp, and it required constant attention, and when lockdown happened, I had to keep a diffuser in the brooder to keep up humidity, which needed to be filled from the outside with a syringe every 4 hours to keep it going... and I couldn't open it...or sleep.

Back
Top Bottom