Heat lamp help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by whatthecluck24, Mar 24, 2017.

1. whatthecluck24

whatthecluck24 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2017
    We just got our Isa browns chicks yesterday evening. I'm guessing they are about 2wks old when I plugged the heat lamp in the stayed around the edge of my brooder(?) It is about 25" off of the living space.i turned it off this morning and they are more spread out They are inside my house for right now and it stays about 70. Can I just leave the heat lamp off during the day since they seem comfortable.
    *This is my first batch of chicks/chickens.

2. whatthecluck24

whatthecluck24 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2017
    Sorry I put this on the wrong spot.[​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I see you asked your question over on the right forum but it looks like you haven't done a "new member intro" so here's an "official" howdy!
    [​IMG]

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Switch that heat lamp bulb out with a lower wattage bulb. They aren't quite old enough yet to be without a heat source completely, but a full strength bulb is too much, especially inside a house.

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to our wonderful forum! I am so glad you joined Backyard Chickens, I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our poultry community! [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under whatthecluck24 [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and littlies.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by