heat lamps

bindy003

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
My pekin ducklings are 4 weeks old now.they are getting so biggg my question is I am going to start letting them sleep outside in there pen which is inclosed in my barn I will post pics of thier pen just to get any advice on what I may be able to improve anyways do they still need heat lamps on it gets to be around 45 to 50 degrees at nite here in Tennessee so if anyone could help that would be great and thank u for making me feel so welcome!!!!!

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
My pekin ducklings are 4 weeks old now.they are getting so biggg my question is I am going to start letting them sleep outside in there pen which is inclosed in my barn I will post pics of thier pen just to get any advice on what I may be able to improve anyways do they still need heat lamps on it gets to be around 45 to 50 degrees at nite here in Tennessee so if anyone could help that would be great and thank u for making me feel so welcome!!!!!
at 4 weeks they should still have heat if it's under 65-70 degrees. at 4 weeks 65-70 would be ideal.

Apyl

Songster
Feb 5, 2012
Necedah, Wi
I turned off the lamp at 2 weeks old with my ducklings. My oldest ducklings are 5 weeks old and have been outside with the flock for a week now with no issues. Its been 40's at night. I have 3 week old duckling in the house still with no heat lamp for a little over a week now.

shicks0211

Songster
7 Years
May 7, 2012
Orlando Florida
if they're 4 weeks old i'd say just at night the heat lamp for another week or so..i hatch them and pretty much leave the lamp off after a couple weeks..but i'm in florida so i don't have the cold nights like you're having in tennessee.

Top Bottom