Heat Plate?

DuckDuckPromise

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Oct 4, 2021
Hey y’all! Lord’s Willing, I wanted to see if anybody had suggestions on keeping heat plates clean in a brooder. Once ours figured out how to get on top of it (which wasn’t long) it got eww really quickly. I know chickens are gonna “ew” all over the place, but is there any suggestions for quick clean up? Thanks in advance! Have a blessed day!

Mine had a clear plastic domed top that kept the chicks off. I let my kid borrow it and never saw it again. I have some thin plastic cutting boards, was going to see if I can make something with this for the new one.

i made a chicken wire "cage" for the top of mine and it kept them off it - trying to find a photo that shows the whole thing but this gives a hint of it:
1676670111556.jpeg

Mine had a clear plastic domed top that kept the chicks off. I let my kid borrow it and never saw it again. I have some thin plastic cutting boards, was going to see if I can make something with this for the new one.
Ohhh, a dome would be awesome! It came with the heat plate?
Cutting boards would be interesting… let me know how it works!!

There are some pyramid shaped plastic covers on Amazon. Most are 12” X 12” but you may be able to find one larger. A bit of measuring and you might be able to make a pyramid out of cardboard.
Oh, that’s so clever!! Just something to keep them off. I love it! Thank you!!

I keep a wide plastic putty knife at the brooder, scrape 2x daily. I'm all ears for any other suggestions!
I got one from RentaCoop that has a pyramid top they can't roost on. My question is how to get them to go under the plate? They were used to the heat lamp, which I've removed. Will they figure out the heating plate on their own?

Back
Top Bottom