Heat record...

mom'sfolly

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2007
Austin area, Texas
It has been 100+ degrees for 70 days this summer. The forecast for at least a week shows more temperatures in the 100s. A normal summer in the Austin area has 12 100+ days. The last time it was this hot was 1925, but we've come close several times in the last 5 years. In 1925, the record was set on September 5th, so we're looking at potentially several more weeks of heat. The average temperature since June 1st has been 89*, which may end up being the hottest since records started in 1854.

Bottom line...its stinking hot and it is staying that way for at least a couple more weeks. Antarctica is sounding mighty nice right now.
cool.png

Please send cool and rainy thoughts in this direction.

It`s so hot here too! I`m inside (thank goodness!) milling around BYC while it`s boiling hot outside at 111 degrees. I feel bad for my hens. I hope you get rain!

There is a famous quote from Davy Crockett that ends with "you all may go to h@ll but I will go to Texas". This year is enough that it would made the poor man think the lost his way and ended up in the other place.

mom'sfolly :

There is a famous quote from Davy Crockett that ends with "you all may go to h@ll but I will go to Texas". This year is enough that it would made the poor man think the lost his way and ended up in the other place.

An older friend of mine (in her 80's) told me that "maybe it's just practice for what is surely coming soon" because of her age
gig.gif

Quote:
An older friend of mine (in her 80's) told me that "maybe it's just practice for what is surely coming soon" because of her age
gig.gif

Too funny!!
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Seriously the heat is kind of ridiculous lately. I have decided that this winter when anyone complains about it being cold I will kick them in the shin
smack.gif

mom'sfolly :

Going outside to hook up the mister for the the chickens...dang it's hot!

My hens are... Oh YAY!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
WE have cloud cover!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif