Heat suggestions(No lamps!)

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
This is for backup plan 1

I need some heat source suggestions to prepare in case our broody quits after hatch day, which is unlikely but I like to have backup plans. We're down to 1 duck egg underneath her. I have a brooder set up just in case it's needed.
As of last year, I'm no longer using heat lamps. I've been unable to buy a heating plate so I need other options that will work for this.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions! ❤️

i just got my ducks a “snuggle puppy” and they love it! just put the heating packs in it and they can snuggle up to it to keep warm (it also has a heartbeat to stimulate having a mother)

it’s a bit pricey but my ducks are obsessed and i think it’s totally worth it

This is for backup plan 1

I need some heat source suggestions to prepare in case our broody quits after hatch day, which is unlikely but I like to have backup plans. We're down to 1 duck egg underneath her. I have a brooder set up just in case it's needed.
As of last year, I'm no longer using heat lamps. I've been unable to buy a heating plate so I need other options that will work for this.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions! ❤️
I still use light bulbs but not heat lamps. I guess it may depend on what size brooder you have. I always use more than one bulb in case one burns out. One thing i do is use a lower water heater thermostat to regulate the heat in my brooder just like i do in my incubator. I do anchor my light holders so they do not turn over. I also keep a pelyglass lid on the top with a small board under it to along air flow. Works great for me.

Back
Top Bottom