heat

james 505

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2015
Hello everybody. Can anybody give me an idea on how to keep my chickens cold where it gets 40 degrees Celsius. I am in Upington south Africa and if anybody knows where I can buy chicken in upington south Africa

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I wish I could help you with that one but I have no experience with South Africa. I would suggest posting on our South Africa thread at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/595787/chicken-breeders-or-folks-in-south-africa. Hopefully someone there will be able to help you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I can't be of help either but Michael has left you a great link to check out. Good luck.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi James and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. Thankfully it rarely pushes 30c here in Nairobi, but I'd say if you make sure that there's plenty of shade available and put ice cubes in their drinking water a few times a day, they should be fine.

All the best
CT

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Back
Top Bottom