Heated water buckets

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Lydia, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

[​IMG]
    picked up 2 of these at TSC today, very nice heavy weight buckets.

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Ooooooohhhh! I want one! [​IMG] cool, are they for the ducks... Or chickens...

3. Nu Chix To Cash

Nu Chix To Cash Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Central Iowa
    That looks like the kind I have and I love it! Big enough to keep everyone hydrated but not to big to make filling a chore.

4. Miss Lydia

Quote:Ooooooohhhh! I want one! [​IMG] cool, are they for the ducks... Or chickens...

For the ducks and goose but the chickens use it too.

5. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I love these! I have 2 5 gallon ones they never freeze!

6. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Hmmmm. I just picked up cookie tins and light bulb stuff to make cookie tin water heaters. I bet those are more cost effective. Waterproof heating elements?

7. TammyC

TammyC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    I still need to get mine... Guess I will go to TSC since I know they have them..[​IMG]

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I did have one of those last year.. It was a PITA!
    I swear I exchanged for a different bucket about 4 times till I said I just want a refund back. Mine never did work. [​IMG]
    I guess it was just a bad shipment..? Oh well. I guess I'll just brave the cold again this winter as I have had the winters before. [​IMG]

9. Miss Lydia

I bought a 2 gallon one on line last year and just found out last night it isn't working any more, thats why I bought 2 new ones today. Now with the 5 gal and these 2 I should be set for winter.

10. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Quote:I haven't had an issue with mine and have had them for 3 years. I only use them in the winter they then get stored in the house so the elements don't get to them. But I have had a few friends have the same problem with them, they ended up buying different brands. Not sure why they work for some and not others:confused:

Except that my friends used there's outside and mine have always been inside there coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by