Heater issues

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Concerned01, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Concerned01

Concerned01 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2013
    I am not a happy person. This morning while I and family were groc shopping, someone turned off my girls heater.
    It was Cold in there. There eggs froze, going to use them for scrambled. Had to look that one up on the net. Just have to thaw out first.
    Was suggested to take shell off, put them in a Baggie and set in hot water or let hot water run over them.
    I am happy now, gave them some dried meal worms and food. Turned on the heater and cleaned them up. They were making happy noises :)

2. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    "someone turned off my girls heater."

Who would this person be?

3. Concerned01

Nov 9, 2013
    It was too much electric plugged in, happened again when I was out there.

But I do have a burn hole where someone burned the hen house all the way through the wood.

These people that do something like this are Sick. We do have a bunch of meth heads

And drunks here. Meth is very bad.

But my girls are in the house now in a very large tub, to stay warm. :)

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

If you are tripping your GFCI then you need to investigate that. There is a reason and it could be serious.

For example, one time a metal wire that I was using to hang a heat lamp contacted one of my plugs that was halfway plugged in. It was enough to trip the GFCI. It took me awhile to find the reason.

If it is the heater itself then I would NOT use that heater. I would find another heater that does not trip the GFCI.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  5. Concerned01

Nov 9, 2013
    We have to do work on the chicken coup, :( it wasn't quote ready for winter. Son is great helped a lot, the girls are happy again and if their happy I am :).
    It's a learning experience for sure this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by