Heavy Breeds(weight)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by coloradochick, Dec 30, 2007.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I was readin somewhere yesterday that some Heavies get up to 13 lbs? Is this true and what breed would that be?

2. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    the jersey giants get bigger than that

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Her is my JGiant Maggie, see how much bigger she is then the rest? Click on pic for a bigger veiw of her

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Wow, are they good birds to have? Docile, easy to be around? They are pretty, I like the bigger breeds.

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Maggie is my favorite and yes they are very docil and sweet birds. She does sound like a goose though, she has a deep voice kinda like a fog horn. When she bok boks I know it's her.

6. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    Here's the best picture I have of Brucey aka Bruce Lee. He has a killer jumping front kick. I have to keep him under lock and key. He's not very social. He has whiped ever living thing around here, including me. He's standing on a 5 gal bucket and that's two good sized Turkens in there with him. I'll say he is close to 18 pounds. He's one big Jersey Gaint.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  7. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    :eek: 18 lbs?!?!?! Yikes, he'd really like to get ahold of my 2 Chihuahuas that are 4 and 5 lbs. Are the Jersy roos usually aggressive or are they like all other roos and it just depends? He is beautiful though.

8. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    wow he dosent need gaves hes gotem built in lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by