1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Heavy Heart

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ElioraImmanuel, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ElioraImmanuel

ElioraImmanuel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Today, our hearts are heavy. We just can not continue to live in this house. Our Landlady has gone back on her word multiple times. She has mood swings and is retaliatory. She's come to town 3 times in the past six months and each time has created such stress, strife and anxiety. Darren is quite simply, through. He just can not take it.

So, DH has begun to search for a new place for us to live. I am despondent. It's not that I don't want to give up my huge kitchen, either. We're at home in this community and I can not face moving away! Please, pray we are close by. I can't discuss this with the general church population because several people have contacts with our landlords.

On top of this, Darren's character and integrity have been attacked and slandered by a family member. Darren is crushed by this. Character, truth and integrity are critical to him. What has been said is blatantly false. This attack has not yet rippled through the rest of our family, but it will. Please, pray.

With each altercation that has happened, we calmly attempted to speak truth in love and to meet agreements and maintain peace. However, we were met with yelling, accusations and demands. Many demands that we just can not meet. After expressing our hearts and attempting to reach an understanding, we finally acquiesced, taking responsibility for any miscommunication. However, since we did nothing with malice, neglect or in lies, we did not accept responsibility for anything that we didn't do or say.

The Lord gave me this Scripture this week....

Romans 12:18 NIV
    If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
    I keep reciting this verse and be at peace. However, I feel weighed down, heavy. I'm tearful. I need to count this all joy. So many have it far worse than we! Please, pray.

Please, pray for God's presence, peace, provision, wisdom and guidance for the changes. Also, pray for forgiveness, healing and reconciliation within the family.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] I hope you find a nice place, close by! [​IMG]

3. birdicus7

birdicus7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Coatesville, PA
    I wish you the best. If the Good Lord brings you to it...He will bring you through it!

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    sending more [​IMG] today. Sure hope this works out in the way that brings you some peace of mind and a feeling of reassurance.

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Hugs and prayers!

6. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    trials hurt,. I will pray for your comfort and the Lords will,..
    post when you get a new place and tell us about it.

1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Psalm 37:7
    Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

and my favorite ...Romans 8:28 !
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Think positive, we'll pray for you.

8. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Such a sad situation.

Just a thought for you. Write down what happened everytime this landlord came by, how they acted and the demands made.
    Just in case they try to keep your deposit.

Praying that you find a lovely new home.

9. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Prayers coming your way. I hope this all passes quickly. [​IMG]
    ETA: A song that helps me through difficult times is ''Praise you in this storm'' by Casting Crowns. No matter how alone you may feel, God will never desert you.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  10. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Tell everyone you know you are looking for a place. You never know what the grapevine can do. We found the nice place we are in the process of buying because a waitress overheard our conversation about looking for property. She referred us to her uncle who had a place for sale. Although his place wasn't suitable,he referred us to someone who did. Bulletin boards and maybe Craigslist are options. Your landaldy may have bi polar or other mental health issues which is reason enough to leave. As for toxic relative(s), disown them and avoid them as much as possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by