heavy ran n storms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by eggy n nibbler, Dec 26, 2010.

1. eggy n nibbler

eggy n nibbler Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2010
    hello my name is emma

i have 4 of the cuties chicken alive but their is really heavy ran and it wont stop and im worried it might flood and i was wondering what can i do with the chickens i have locked them in the smaller in closure outside and they are under cover but there is so much water coming down and some parts are like flooded can i lock them in the chicken coop and should they be ok??

its my first time having chickens and just unsure wha i should and can do?

any advice would be really great

cheers em

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    If you live in the Northwest by any chance. . . They'll get used to it. [​IMG] Out here we're getting heavy rains, which is usual, and although there are massive lakes, rivers, and valleys of muck forming, the chickens are pretty much used to it all. The thing to do is make sure they have a dry coop available. [​IMG]

Oh, and [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  3. eggy n nibbler

Dec 13, 2010
    i live in the west in qld yeah its nice and dry there which is great

4. eggy n nibbler

Dec 13, 2010
    hey guys

im afriad that it is going to flood near where i live and im worried about my chooks what can i do to keep them safe?

5. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    Quote:put them in their coop at nights and if they feel like step in outside during the day, just let them but also let them have the option of going inside when they want to

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

If you are worried your coop will flood out you can put them in a dog crate in your garage or something.

7. eggy n nibbler

Dec 13, 2010
    ohk thank you

i have placed them in the coop because their was really heavy rains and and wind flowing really hard and fast but if their coop does flood then i have a lil house out the back where there food is stored i will place them in there cos it is high off the ground and they will e safe

cheers em

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by