Hedemora Chickens - four beautiful chicks hatched 09/18/12 - FREE! Home pick-up only!

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by rsepiphyte, Sep 19, 2012.

1. rsepiphyte

rsepiphyte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Ky.
    I have 4 Hedemora chicks hatched 09/18/12. This particular breed of chicken is reputed to be the most "cold hardy" chicken in the world! One of the chicks has feathered legs and all are healthy and thriving. Hedemora are a land race that over time split into three distinct varieties: a version that has fine, puffy feathering that covers its body and gives it the slightly unsettling appearance of a furry chicken; a feather legged variety with an under layer of down hidden beneath more conventional smooth feathers; and a clean legged variety with smooth outer feathers and the hidden under layer of down. Be the first to have some of these unique chickens in your flock. These little guys are FREE so call me at 502-819-5386 only. DO not PM or Email. First come first served! I would very much like to rehome these chicks by this weekend. Slainte' Ruth and Steve

www.largepaws.com
    Miniature Dachshunds & Irish Wolfhounds of Distinction!
    (Irish Wolfhound puppies expected in November 2012!)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Will they have a heat pack when you ship them?

I would think you would have them shipped a day or two after hatch... after that when shipping survivability goes down hill fast.

Guess that type of chicken wouldn't work in Phoenix anyway... too dang hot here, they'd die.

3. rsepiphyte

rsepiphyte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Ky.
    I never ship chicks that young. I always wait until they are least 10-14 days old and i have never lost any. I just feel it is wrong and somewhat cruel to ship chicks that are 1-3 days old. I am not a large hatchery rather someone who just enjoys different varieties of chickens and have found that i can hatch nearly any type bird. You are correct in stating that this type of chicken would not do well in your area. Ruth

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by