1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Heeey! New to the Site, but not new to chickens~ From Northern Cali

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HetaChick, Jun 21, 2011.

1. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    [​IMG]
    This is my one and only chicken, Berlin. She's some sort of EE and my first chicken in over four years. (I'm guessing that shes a pullet...)

Hey! I'm glad I found this website! It's great to know there are people as into chickens as I am. I used to have a flock of 40+ birds but I had to give them to friends when I moved away. Now I'm back to my old stomping grounds and I adopted a chick from a friend who hatched a bunch and needed to find them homes. Fortunately, I've kept all my chicken stuff and I've been through it all with my old birds. I'm hoping to find a house with land so eventually I can have a flock again.

By the way, I love to make friends! So if anyone ever just wants to chat about birds i'm open to messages.

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] from Central California! If you go to "Profile" and update your location with something not very specific but which kinda tells us which part of N California, that would be helpful for future posts.

BYC is THE most wonderful site for chicken keepin' folks. It's great to learn how to do something correctly and also how to fix what you did wrong before you came and checked it out on BYC. [​IMG]

Plus the members are awesome - I have made so many really good "friends I've never met" AND some IRL friends with whom I socialize on a regular basis. Yay, BYC!

So glad you joined us.

4. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG]. Glad you are here, love this place too.

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. She's a cutie [​IMG] I bet you're glad you're not chicken-less anymore [​IMG] Good luck [​IMG]

9. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by