Heeeyyy!:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Amby, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Amby

Amby Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2012
    Hey! my name is Amber [​IMG]
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I am new to rasing chickens, I just got mine only 4days ago from Tractor Supply:)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    We had to buy a min of 6 so we have 6 babies[​IMG] sadly my mother only wants to start out with 3 so we will have to give 3 away[​IMG]
    (3) What breeds do you have?
    I believe we bought Amber Link Pullets

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I was looking up questions that I had on google and all of my answers were on this website:)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I really like play lacrosse, um yeah I'm a boring person so tahts it;)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I have an older brother and sister, I am the youngest:/, this is our first time ever raising chickens. My mom raised chickens when she was younger so we somewhat know what we are doing;) but we can always use some help! I have 2 dogs, our poodle Buddy and our puggle Bebe. I introduced out chicks to them alreaady, buddy saw them as food so we will be keeping him away from them and bebe wanted to play with them lol

QUESTION!:) how much room do 3 chickens need in an outside run? Thanksyou![​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined.Congrats on your chicks. Six chickens really isn't much differencethan three, mom, besides, I would at least wait to make sure you didn't get any roos in that batch before you get rid of them. :thumbsup

3. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    For large fowl, it should 8sq ft, but it can vary, sometimes you can use 2sq ft per chicken (I'm doing that right now). If your adding more chickens there should be as much space as possible!

Welcome to BYC Amber! [​IMG]

4. Imakedo

Imakedo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    I'm new to chickens as well. We raised them when I was younger but I did little more than feed or water them and collect eggs. I don't have any right now but I just put in an order for 8 pullets and 2 roos. Live in Michigan and want a cold hearty breed so ended up ordering some Black Australorps. Have a couple indoor cats and a couple dogs.

Good luck with yours.

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome
    It's great to see more young folk on BYC and getting into chicken raising. :p I'm sorry you have to give away some of your chicks. :hugs But three is still going to be a lot of fun to take care of, I've never raised more than two at a time before. :lol: You'll really get to know their different personalities.
    Enjoy your chickens, and hope to see you around! :frow

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

10. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

8-10 square feet per bird in an outside run, 2 sq feet inside is ok if they have an outdoor run too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by