heh heh heh - I'm a sneaky devil

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by birdlover, Jun 18, 2007.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I promised my husband I wouldn't get a lot of chickens like I did the first time around. We have 1 roo and 5 hens. One of the hens goes broody on a regular and frequent basis. This time I couldn't help myself. I put one -just one- egg under her and it started pipping today. I hope to have a cute little fuzzy wuzzie tomorrow morning!! Now, how am I going to explain this to dh!?? I approached him about a week ago as to couldn't we just let Pansy hatch one egg and he gave me a look that could kill. Yikes, I'm in trouble now!! [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You should have jsut said she disapeared for a month! :p

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    "OMG honey! I had no idea! I must have missed that egg!"

Too bad you brought it up, though.. a bit hard to feign the 'innocent' look! [​IMG]

I've always liked the saying, " 'Tis easier to ask for forgiveness than to beg for permission". LOL!

-Meghan

4. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I like that expression too! I'll have to remember that NEXT time! [​IMG] Anyway, baby hatched overnight and it's sooo cute and fuzzy. Looks just like it's mom - a buff orp - but my black silkie X is raising it. Now if it'll just be a girl [​IMG] but God will probably punish me by letting it be a roo!!! [​IMG]

Ellen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by