hehe- adding to my flock this afternoon!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fzouk, Apr 3, 2009.

1. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    [​IMG] I wanted some "people lovers" to add to my flock of silver spangled hamburgs and it just so happens that there is a local hatchery I had no idea about! I asked if by some small chance they happened to have any chicks that are around 2 weeks old since that's how old my hamburgs are. It just so happened that a woman had to cancel her order of Wyandottes and those chicks are... TA DAH- 2 weeks old! Is this meant to be or what?!

Here's the funny thing- the guy over there said "Now I'm not trying to be a salesman but just in case you're interested we had a really higher than expected hatch rate on some turkeys..." They're going for $2 a piece and so since it just so happens that I have room for them I'm coming home this afternoon with 2 turkeys too!

So later on today I will be bringing home 3 Golden Laced Wyandottes and 2 broad breasted white turkeys. I wish they were some heritage breed turkeys but it will be fun just to have any turkeys so I'm not complaining. The ad said he had some broad breasted bronze ones- I might ask when I get there if he has any of those left.

Frances

2. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    Oh yeah- me again- if anyone is in the Nashville, TN area and is interested in some $2 turkeys this hatchery is "The Poultry House" and they are in Franklin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by