Heifers for the boys!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sara, Apr 27, 2009.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

This weekend we went to pick up the registered Angus heifers we bought for the boys. My oldest son will be 8 in July, but has to wait until next year to start 4-H but the opportunity came along so we decided to go for it. His heifer, Harriet, is due to have a calf May 6. My younger sons heifer is just a yearling and her name is Midnight Bloomer. These heifers are from a friend of mines 4-H herd, so hopefully they will be a good start for the boys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Oh how cool. They're gorgeous, Sara. I wish my parents would have bought me a cow when I was younger, cows we didnt eat anyways. [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I know what you mean, my parent's didn't buy me cows either. They did get me sheep, but I always wanted cattle. I'm thrilled to be able to provide the opportunity to my boys [​IMG]

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I would have named them Hamburger and T-bone [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Maybe if Brent's has a bull calf we can name it that. [​IMG]

6. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Maybe if Brent's has a bull calf we can name it that. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

There is my favorite laughing cow. [​IMG]

8. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Aw what nice lil girls, must be yearlings? We just got our new bull, he is a yearling, and he looked HUGE at the sale, but next to our old cows hes quite petite lol. Good luck with them they are lovely!

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

One just turned one, and the other just two. They are half sisters. They aren't quite as big as our other cattle.

10. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Now thats what I want to hear 1/2 cows I dont have room for a full one in the freezer. [​IMG] Never mind half sisters isnt the same thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by