Heip. Anyone fluent in spanish?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by stormlily, Nov 29, 2010.

1. stormlily

stormlily Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    Paraiso Costa Rica
    My chicks are ready to move up to chicken layer feed / pellets. I think I will have trouble explaining this in Spanish (I live in Costa Rica ). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luisa

2. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    The english to spanish tranlator in google is pretty good. You could collect several brand names i.e. Purina Layena, etc and see if you can get any locally.

3. stormlily

Nov 19, 2010
    Paraiso Costa Rica
    Thanks Deb

I try to arm myself with enough stuff from Google etc but so often they use some local term and look at me like I am nuts. What does the adult food look like? Do they still need some kind of oyster shell if they free range
    Luisa

4. cejunes

cejunes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    Quote:Oyster shell is good for strong egg shells once they start laying - If you don't want to spend the extra money on oyster shells, you can crush the egg shells once you use the eggs and feed them back to them. I don't know about others, but it seems to have pretty close to the same affect. I do speak some spanish but not sure of the dialect in Costa Rica.

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I think it goes like this...... " El pollo es needing el layer foodo" [​IMG]

6. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Quote:LOL now thats FUNNY stuff......... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Quote:If the egg shells are hard, they do not need oyster shell. If the egg shells are soft, they need a calcium supplement, like oyster, crab, shrimp, or lobster shell. They will get some calcium from certain plants, bugs, or even some rocks they use as grit. The Layer, if you can get it, has calcium in it. If that is all they eat, they should not need any calcium supplement. If they free range a lot, they may or may not need a supplement. The egg shells will tell you.

8. savingdogs

savingdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not that fluent, but I'd say:

Yo necisito comida para gallinas, tiene usted Layena? And see how they respond! Or whatever brand you are looking for. Use the translator suggested by fl deb to decide what you want to say. Usually if you just try to speak the language, they will help you. A good phrase for learning is "como se dice?" which means roughly, how do you say....and then point to a picture of a chicken or whatever word you are getting at.

9. stormlily

Nov 19, 2010
    Paraiso Costa Rica
    thanks everyone...I'll let yo know who it goes. Not quite ready to blow up my TV yet jajaja
    Luisa

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hello-hola (ola)
    I'm looking for-buscando
    food-comida
    adult-adulto
    I need-neccesito
    I want-quiero
    food-comida