Heirloom Expo Poultry and Livestock Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by HHandbasket, Aug 2, 2011.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I would really like to go to this event. It sounds very interesting!!

3. capayvalleychick

capayvalleychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Guinda CA
    I'm going! [​IMG]

Are any of you entering the poultry show or exhibiting something?

Kim

4. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Maybe next year. I'm expecting heritage white faced black Spanish eggs this fall from Jim Bell. I hope to have something from it to show by next spring/summer.

5. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Does anyone know if they have a sales barn? I have many many buff-laced and gold-laced brahma chicks for sale?

6. capayvalleychick

Jan 26, 2010
    Guinda CA
    Quote:I haven't heard anything about a sales barn but you are allowed to sell things that you are exhibiting. The Expo takes a 20% commission for all sales. You could ask them about the Sales Barn idea. Maybe they haven't thought of it.

Kim

7. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm going!!!!!Not exhibiting this year, though.

8. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    The Heirloom Expo is being held 9/13-15 TUESDAY - THURSDAY as you guys know... There is a slight chance that I might show some of my breeds, of course then I'd have to be there to coop-in which actually is probably the night before.

Does anyone have certain days that they would like to schedule a meet-up for? I'm hoping that there will be some yummy culinary treats for us to get and maybe have a picnic or sorts? Any ideas? I'm happy to help organize it with someone!

9. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I will be there Thursday - I have to schedule this trip around school. A meet-up would be fun!

10. capayvalleychick

Jan 26, 2010
    Guinda CA
    Quote:I will be there the entire time, since I am exhibiting my ranch's heritage livestock, Dorkings & olive oil. I'd love to meet up.

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by