Heka incubators?

morganalefae

Head nut at the nut house
6 Years
May 2, 2017
Leicestershire UK
Been hearing about these icubators a little bit recently and have heard good things about them and most people get at lest 80-85% hatch rate while others said they have had a incubator from the for years and have 95-100% hatch rate out of it every time.

My question is has anyone one here heard of these or even have one? I went to their UK site and found they cost a good deal of money just for the manual/semi- auto and even more for full auto but found one from the german base on ebay (looked it up looks legit from what I can see) and it's about 100 less between the UK site manual-semi-auto and full auto compared to the German based companies ebay.

only started looking at larger incubators recently (specially ones with good hatch rates) as I have a full bator double stacked and have 6 mail ordered eggs waiting to go in as of today.

can anyone also suggest a incubator that holds say 50+ eggs?

Afraid I don’t have one myself but I have seen them advertised. They seem to have good reviews.

I’m a Brinsea fan so if I were to get something bigger I would go for one of their cabinets :drool

I'm trying to talk my hubby into spending the money for it. I don't do Easter but told him this would be a great gift for me lol.

I want it that way my staggered hatches can go easier if I have to go down that route as I can move them to my brinsea maxi 30 egg incubator for hatching if it's like that.

Plus I can incubate extra as ATM I'm currently starting a project to get a Brahma hybrid that is large like a Brahma ( or close to) that lays a egg amount closer to that of a red ranger (300-320 eggs I think it is) and the eggs are green in colour. I know crazy lady lol

Well thought I would update. My husband said if I could sell the 15 chicks I had he would buy me the heka fully auto incubator that is the best selling starter bator (did not need more then a 90 egg bator anyway) well long story short posted a ad of chicks for sale on another site late last night and buy 1:34pm all 14 were sold :celebrate. So I asked when he was buying it for me and he said he thought I paid something buy them so I could get the incubator (talk about paranoid lol).

I should have it next month and will update what I find and first impressions of it as well as how it does with eggs.

Well thought I would update. My husband said if I could sell the 15 chicks I had he would buy me the heka fully auto incubator that is the best selling starter bator (did not need more then a 90 egg bator anyway) well long story short posted a ad of chicks for sale on another site late last night and buy 1:34pm all 14 were sold :celebrate. So I asked when he was buying it for me and he said he thought I paid something buy them so I could get the incubator (talk about paranoid lol).

I should have it next month and will update what I find and first impressions of it as well as how it does with eggs.

Excellent! :clap And yes that it a bit paranoid! :lol:

Excellent! :clap And yes that it a bit paranoid! :lol:
Ya I thought that to LOL and I sold 15 not 14 stupid phone *rolls eyes* also got someone on a waiting list now for my next hatching of chicks they want 5 at lest lol. I asked them why they bought from me they said I was cheaper then most (don't mean to under cut ppl if I am) but a big factor was being registered with DEFRA. So thanks to these people I'm getting a better incubator that I will hopefully have by 11th of next month!
So Excited!

Well here is a update the seller wanted to cancel my heka incubator order because of some translation errors on their side. Item was not in stock because they were on back order and items are made to order I guess (but they need to understand they can not post items for sale if they are not in stock and or do not have the items to sell I.e not already made as told to me buy ebay themselves).

But managed to find a decent English to German translator and got it all cleared up and was told it would ship last Thursday and would be here Monday (yesterday), fast foreword to Monday (yesterday) and item is still not marked as shipped so needless to say I'm getting worried and slightly annoyed but I need to get ready for a x-ray appointment not more then 10 mins out of the shower when I'm checking on my DD I hear the dog barking is dumb head off.

Turns out it was delivery company DHL they had shipped my incubator Thursday and someone for got to mark it as shipped then the company forgot to send me a email saying they had it and it would be delivered on X date.

So I get it out of the box (Note this thing is short but weighs like 54-58lbs!) set it up get it warming up before the mother in law drives me to my appt get back the thing is holding 37.5 c perfectly. So I did a test I made it really cold in the room that it's in and it still held temp. made it really hot in the room and it still held it's temp. Put 39 eggs in plus 9 to hatch in the bottom hatching tray and checked it off and on all night it's held temp and humidity very well I'm hoping in the next 48-72 hrs I'll have some baby chicks. I'll update more once the 9 hatch plus whatever of the 39 make it to lock down!

Thought I would up date I either counted how many eggs I put to incubate wrong or I just had a hell of a hatch rate. Which I think it was the first one, which I believe I put 43 eggs and not 39. With that said my eggs hatched on 29/04/2018 and I had 5 quiters in total and I have 38 chicks chirping and running around up stairs lol. I have another lot on as well now a total of 35 eggs. I'm hoping to have a good hatch rate with this lot.

Back
Top Bottom