Helarious response from pullets to a golf ball

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Momaha, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Momaha

Momaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Sooner Nation WWHQ
    I have 10 White Leghorns, who are so full of personality, and who will be 16 weeks tomorrow, hatchery chicks and first for me in a while, and last night I set up their nests with some straw and put a golf ball in there. All 10 were standing around this nest looking at the golf ball at the same time then looking at each other as to say- did you do that?- I didn't do that!- how, 'bout you- did you do that? Making all kinds of noises and carrying on. Eventually, as predicted, Miss Bossy Pants had to peck it and then communicate to the rest of them which stirred up another series of noises as to say "what exactly is that and why would she put that in there? I told you she was crazy!" [​IMG]

2. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    That's very cute! Maybe they are thinking "Who's going to lay an egg and show her what they really look like." LOL

3. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    I love it I can imagine that happening with mine the two do things like that all the time it's amazing and sooooo funny to watch you'll have so much fun with these girls!

4. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Quote:[​IMG] Mine did the same thing....!!!

5. haemony

haemony Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2011
    WV
    After finding two soft shell eggs outside in the run, I tried putting a golf ball in the nesting box. It was evicted immediately. Every time I put it in, they roll it out of the nest box and down the ramp.

Turns out that only soft shell eggs and golf balls get evicted so it's okay. Normal eggs go in the box.

6. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Very funny! [​IMG] I laugh every time I feed my silkie pullets some new scrap from the kitchen. They are always terrified and act like it is a snake! My ameraucanas will attack anything!

7. atomic_chicken

atomic_chicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Just got my flock of 5 and sat beside the coop laughing for the first couple hours. Chickens are great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by