Hellllloooooo. You are suppose to be talking to me!!!

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Every day, when possible, I take my basket full of phones, treats for me and the girls, water for me and go out back, let all the girls out to free range.. After, I clean the coops, runs, fill feeders and scrub waterers, I go and sit in my swing... watch, talk and hold those that will let me!!! Well, tonight, as I sat on the swing-I got a phone call. It went on a little longer than normal and all of a sudden, I felt a pecking on my shoulder, turned around to find Sophie (a pale Blue Ameraucana) sitting there== cranking her neck around so she could see my face.. I laughed out loud ==and then had to explain!! Sophie sat there until I hung up and took her into my lap.. She sat there --cooing for 10-15 min.. jumped down and went about her business! These chickens are so wonderful!!!

So, do your chickens ever say HELLLLLLOOOOO, I am right here!

gig.gif
Cool,
Tara

Love it! I have a Cochin, Selena, that is spoiled rotten. All of the other girls run outside as soon as I open the pop door. However Selena waits in the coop in her spot, for me to give her that special handful of scratch while the rest are outside fighting over last nights left overs
lol.png

I was standing in the coop one day this week watching Cyril and the girls, when I kind of spaced out. I guess I was too still, because all of a sudden Red Molly and then Violet fluttered up onto my shoulders. They aren't even the friendliest ones. They sat and mumbled to me for quite a while before Red Molly let out a particularly smelly present and fluttered back down to the ground. That jacket went into the wash! But it was worth it.
love.gif

I have one hen, Blondie, our EE. She is very inquisitive. If I am out in their yard dinking around, I have to watch by back. Otherwise, sometimes she'll just fly right up on it! What stinks is that she doesn't always aim for your shoulder, sometimes she goes for the middle of your back. Well, if you are standing up, this doesn't usually work, and she tries to climb her way up. Ouch! Not fun when you are wearing a thin t shirt. She always has to know what you are doing. She's an absolute doll, though, and we lover her tons!

Back
Top Bottom