1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELLLLOOOOO chicken friends!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by newchickymomma, Apr 5, 2012.

1. newchickymomma

newchickymomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2012
    I am new to backyard chickens. We live in Georgia and Tuesday got 3 "red pullets" and 3 "assorted" pullets. I would have loved to get some buff orpingtons, but the TSC did not have any. I am LOVING this website and looking forward to making some new friends.

I do have one question, the 3 "assorted" all look the same.... but we have no idea what they could be. They are two weeks old and yellow. They have some wing feathers and a little tuft on the tail. I know it is a shot in the dark but any ideas of what they could be. When I called TSC they said bantams, but when I looked up pics of bantam chicks, they have black in them and mine do not. I will post pictures in a little bit.

Bring on all the advice you have folks, I am ready to love on these lovely ladies![​IMG]

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!! Welcome Chickens! Welcome Newchickymomma!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome
    Congratulations on getting new chicks! You're going to have a great experience with them. :weee

as for determining the breed, post a picture so we can help you identify what you've got. It is a little hard without a pic!
    Although you could try posting in What breed or gender is this, and who knows, someone might be able to help you off just the description. :p

Enjoy the site! :D

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

9. Deviant

Deviant Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    Welcome and watch out for them Gators in Georgia. If you need help with the Gators let me know they are mmmm mmmm good lol

10. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello & [​IMG] from Southern California! So glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by