Helllo all you poultry lovers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by zepher, Mar 1, 2016.

1. zepher

zepher Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2016
    Cooks Forest
    Hello to all the members out there,..Just joined the other day and decided to stop by here and say hi.
    my name is Shawn and i have been raising chickens for about a year now..and love every bit of it..these birds are so entertaining
    to watch and be around..Well here's a little about my flock,i've got ten hens total that are of the following breeds 3-Barred Plymouth Rock bantam hens, 4 Barred Plymouth Rock hens,and 3 New Hampshire red hens..
    I am raising these hens for meat and eggs i live in an area where there is no one around except for the weekends i'm surrounded
    by a lot of seasonal camps,so thats kind of nice cause i can let all my girls roam all over the place they currently patrol about five acres of lawn,field and hardwood forest..needless to say they get plenty of forage..
    Feel free to check out my pics and coop on my member page..i am currently revamping my coop to fit in the six Kahki Campbell Ducks that i picked up today.to add to the flock.Ok i have rambled on enough,glad to be here hope to here from anyone with any questions.
    Shawn (aka) Zepher[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, Shawn, welcome to BYC.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Shawn and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard. Your place sounds like chicken heaven!

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box).

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Shawn [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by