Hellloooooo!! From Eastern North Carolina!!

Gen0cide

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
Howdy!
I'm Gen and a newbie around here. I was born and raised here in eastern NC, around farms, animals, hunting, fishing and your basic, outdoor country living. The teenage angst and urge for more than what I could find in my small town took over after high school and I ended up in the middle of a much larger Virginia city, concrete jungle style. Ten years later (plus 2 college degrees, a marriage and 1 child) I've had a major shift in thinking and I'm back in the country. My quest for a simpler, cheaper, more self sustaining lifestyle has brought me back to my roots and I abandoned my high dollar rinky dink city abode with no grass for a country castle on about an acre of land. My hopes are of more time with my family (and possibly expanding it), eating healthier, living cheaper, learning and passing down lost skills and eventually expanding my little palace to include all of our dietary needs as well as larger livestock. My first mission (after all the boxes are empty) is to adopt a brood of chickens!

I'm still in planning stages, and have absolutely NO clue as to what I'm doing. Research seems to be the key, and I'm sure you all will be hearing a lot of squawking out of me in the coming weeks and months. Please hold my hand patiently, and I promise to try and not ask too many dumb questions.

Thanks in advance for all the future help and reassurance!!

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome and good luck on your quest. You should do a search for a North Carolina thread and you will probably locate folks in your area ready and willing to help supply you with some chicks!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

You've come to the right place to learn everything chicken and other fowl too.

Best wishes on your future chickens and enjoy that NON-CITY life :)

Greetings from Kansas, Gen, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Don't worry about questions - you can bet whatever it is, it's been asked a million times before on BYC. That's what we're here for! A great place to start is the Learning Center link below - it is chock full of the info you need to raise a healthy and happy flock. For more specific concerns or question, go to the forums - you can type in searches or just read the old threads and pick up great tidbits of knowledge. Finally, if you want to chat with locals, look of up the NC thread in the second link. Good luck and enjoy your poultry odyssey!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Back
Top Bottom