Hello al

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jaydennmomo, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jaydennmomo

jaydennmomo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    Hello all
    My grandson and I will be getting our first chickens in march and a turkey for him lol.My daughter told me about u all and so i signed up lol.We live in town but i have read our zoning conditions.We can have up to 25 chickens.But lol i don't really want that many.We plan on getting some golden bantams and 2 turkeys and a few weird looking chickens.I want good layers but their r so many pretty chickens lol i cant make up my mind.I plan on having up to 15 chickens some of different kinds.What would u all suggest? Thank U jaydennmomo

2. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG]So glad your daughter told you about us!!! My best layers are my RIR and Welsummers.

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] He'll love having a turkey, they are so much fun!

4. jaydennmomo

Feb 15, 2012
    Wow lol I didnt think i would get a answer lol but my daughter told me u all where awsome! Those r so pretty.I was wondering should i add in some easter eggers??? I know my daughter gets alot of eggs from them every day.And they to are so pretty.what should i look for when i go buy?I want good layers.Are the golden laces good layers????I dont want the leghorns they to me r not very pretty at all.I have so many questions lol.

5. jaydennmomo

Feb 15, 2012
    Are turkeys easy to raise?

6. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Never had golden laced myself so I dunno, but you can't go wrong with EEer's!!! When you go to buy it's hard to say what to look for, you have to pretty much trust the person your buying from and hope they don't lie to you and sell you a chicken that's been laying for 2 or 3 years already and is about to stop. Do you know anyone else that has chickens that might could refer you to someone? You can look around on here too and probably find someone in your area! Good luck and look forward to seeing you around the site! [​IMG]

7. jaydennmomo

Feb 15, 2012
    well my daughter is in
    Artesia, New Mexico She has been teaching me some things lol .Thank u for ur help :)

8. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    My turkey was. I didn't do anything different with her than I did chickens. They are a lot more friendly and sweet as babies than chickens. As far as the chickens, get one of everything lol.

9. jaydennmomo

Feb 15, 2012
    lol I was thinking that one of each rofl .Ok can a turkey be around the chickens i do know he can not live in their coop with them.

10. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Hey Mom! Glad you found the site =) I havent been on here in awhile lol =P Welcome mom! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by